Pages

Tuesday 27 November 2012

Batik

We went for the Batik Workshop in KL along with the January batch this morning.

Detail
Address: 30, Jalan Inai, Off Jalan Imbi, Kuala Lumpur, 55100 Wilayah Persekutuan, Malaysia
Time: 9am to 3pm
Price: RM85 ( including lunch)

When we arrive there, we got a mini workshop about the making process of the batik. Before we went there, out lecturer require us to do some research. So that it is easy for us to do our batik on that day without thinking much.

So here is what we have to do
Requirement

  • 2 dimensional design pattern. 
  • some of tessellation designs. 
  • Either mental recollection or bring along a sketch or sketch on the spot. 
  • Only this time we are using batik and full colour.
This is the first time I'm doing batik. A little nervous. So before I arrive I already think that I will draw a bird with many tails. Then the ground will have simple leaves tessellation. Finally added a droopy flower.

Process
I started using a pencil and drew it on the silk fabric that they had ready for us. Later on, I used the wax and trace along the lines that I had drew. Lastly added colour.

Final
Here is my final out come before washing off the wax.

And here is the final after washing off the wax.
We did not wash the wax off, is because we are running out of time. So the workers over there help us to wash it and put it nicely in a simple frame, cover it with plastic, then send it back to us on the next day.


No comments:

Post a Comment