Pages

Thursday 4 October 2012

Self Portrait ( 2D Design )

This is my two-dimensional design work.
We were asked to do self portrait by using recycled and natural stuff (like plants, sand, rock, etc.)
Is more like making collage picture...
I guess my picture are mainly like caricature art.
I'm not sure also, I guess I ended up mixing everything.

Material I used :
  • Unwanted fabric
  • Colour pencil waste
  • Buttons
  • Various leaves
So here is my original and collage picture:
Move your mouse to the picture

Process~~~
step by step

Compare the original and my final
My eyes
For my eyes, I used my spectacle as my emphasis to enhance my speciality about me. I really hate wearing spectacle, but in order to see, I have to wear it. If not I'll be as blind as the bat. So my spectacle is my strongest characteristic on me...
My eyebrows
Next, is my eyebrows. Nothing special about it. I used a plant that is similarly to my brows

My nose
The reason I use buttons on my nose is because my nose got a lot of blackheads, I tried to get rid of my blackhead and it never goes off, so annoying. Haha... I know is weird. Anyway, that's part of me.
My lips
I usually have dry lips, but my lips on that day seems to be moist. So I decided to put some glitter on the leaves. I'm not sure if you can see it, my lips have a mole. I did dot the mole on the leaves, some how it didn't really pop out.

My skin

I have a very ugly and rough skin. As you can see, I have pimple on my skin. To create that kind of ugly and rough skin, I used colour pencil waste and paste it on. I know is interesting. (haha...)

My hair
Now my hair is getting longer. I always hope to dye ombre hair colour and slightly wavy hair. I did't not get any of the chance. So I decided to do it on this portrait. As you can see, I glue on some dry leaves on it. The funny reason is to show that I'm a little messy girl. Hahaha....





That's all about my work. Hope everyone enjoy knowing and reading my stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment